Break your fast this Ramadan with these delicious energy balls. They are super healthy, slow release and contain yummy traditional ingredients enjoyed at this time of the year
50g dried apricots
200g pitted Mejdool dates
50g blanched almonds
30g cacao nibs
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 pinch salt
1) Blitz together the apricot and Mejdool dates in a blender. Ensure consistency is smooth but not overly blended; you want the fruit to retain some of its fibrous texture.
2) Put the nuts into a bag and smash into rough pieces using a rolling pin. You don’t want them to be too crumbled and different sized pieces are fine, they add character!
3) Add the nuts, cacao nibs and salt to the blended fruit. Fold in slowly, you don’t want to overly mix as it ruins the texture.
4) Add the coconut oil, this will help the mixture stick together better.
5) Use your hands to bring the mixture together. This bit can get messy, so have a bowl of water near you, it will prove handy.
6) Divide the mixture into 8-10 portions, or simply divide into the number of portions suitable for you.
7) Enjoy x